Thursday, May 23, 2019

Review: Daisy Jones & The Six

Daisy Jones & The Six Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Just fantastic. This book worked for me in all the right ways. First off, the format was interesting. Rather than telling the story in a straight prose narrative, it unfolds through a series of pseudo interviews. It's kind of like reading an episode of VH-1 Behind the Music (for those that remember it, I don't even know if it's still a thing). Each of the character voices comes through in the answers they share. And that leads into the second thing I loved about this book: the characters. It is mostly focused on the two singers of the band, which makes a lot sense. I liked seeing how their relationship with each other and the other members of the band (plus a few other key characters) unfolded from the beginning of the band until they decide to call it quits. The lyrics at the end for the band's hit album are a nice addition. Having these fully realized as part of the book helps make it feel complete.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment