Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Review: Valiant High

Valiant High Valiant High by Daniel Kibblesmith
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I enjoyed the alternate take on the Valiant characters by placing them into a high school setting. It allowed the characters to interact in different ways while keeping the core of each one intact. There are some humorous moments that take full advantage of the history of these characters.

The story didn't wow me though. I felt like this existed solely for the purpose of throwing the characters into this idea and to draw in a younger group of readers. It seemed to lack a real conflict that would have made me feel more invested in the book. I did like the art. It fit the story pretty well. And the color choices were superb.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment