Monday, October 22, 2018

Review: Mighty Jack and the Goblin King

Mighty Jack and the Goblin King Mighty Jack and the Goblin King by Ben Hatke
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Amazing follow-up! I enjoyed the first volume quite a bit, but the end left me feeling a little blasé. This book exceeded my expectations by a long shot. It follows Jack and Lilly as they head up the beanstalk to rescue Jack's sister from a giant. There are some side adventures that occur along their path; the best of which involves the goblin king. The story is clearly inspired by fairytales without being bound to them. There are some pretty clever moments that really make it stand out. I thought the art was great once again. It has a style that fits both the content of the story and should appeal to the target audience perfectly. I finished this volume satisfied with the story and excited for more. Well done Mr. Hatke.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment