Friday, April 13, 2018

Review: Motor Crush, Vol. 1

Motor Crush, Vol. 1 Motor Crush, Vol. 1 by Brenden Fletcher
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was really skeptical of this book because of the first few pages. It came off as gimmicky and a little boring. Domino Swift is a racer that's a little different from most. Her background is a mystery, even to herself. But she develops into such a great character that I found myself rooting for her.

She splits her time between racing professionally during the day and participating in street races at night to earn drugs. There is a purpose for the narcotics in the story, which isn't even fully revealed in this arc, that helped make it more interesting. I definitely want to find out more about the origins of this drug and how Domino fits into it.

The characters around Domino are pretty great too. They might be part of why I enjoyed the book so much. There is her father, who happens to be her mechanic and coach. Their relationship might be the best in the book. Add onto that Domino's former crew chief, and possibly lover.

The art is pretty good. Elements of it didn't click with me, particularly early on. It grew on me as I got into the book more though.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment