Monday, April 9, 2018

Review: X-O Manowar (2017) Volume 3: Emperor

X-O Manowar (2017) Volume 3: Emperor X-O Manowar (2017) Volume 3: Emperor by Matt Kindt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Clayton Crain's art is the real winner in this book. Despite being pretty dark at times, it is just gorgeous. This series has been rocking the art from the beginning, so I'm really glad to see that trend continue here.

The story wasn't as good as the previous two volumes. It sort of deals with the fallout of X-O Manowar deposing the former ruler of the largest nation on this alien planet. I think I didn't enjoy it as much because Aric wasn't really taking charge. Instead he spends most of this volume reacting to the things that are happening around him. It's a shift in the character that might be difficult for some readers to adapt to.

I did enjoy the continued world building. I really want to see how this is going to be tied into the rest of the Valiant universe. With the way this series has been going, I am excited to dig into the next arc too.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment