Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Review: Attack on Titan, Vol. 1

Attack on Titan, Vol. 1 Attack on Titan, Vol. 1 by Hajime Isayama
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Despite my attempts at reading manga, there is something about the style that doesn't seem to work for me. I can enjoy the stories well enough and still leave feeling underwhelmed. Attack on Titan shares some of that with previous manga books that I've read, but left me wanting to read more.

I like the world building in this book. It is very contained with the action occurring within a walled off city. Massive walls were built to keep out the titular creatures that destroyed much of humanity years ago. The story follows a young man who seeks to travel outside of the city. The art isn't my preferred style, and sometimes the characters blended together. The characters are pretty well developed though.

The titans get a chance to show off why they are so feared, which brings some tension toward the end of the book. I like what ended up happening as a result. I would definitely pick up the next volume if I saw it at my library.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment