Sunday, May 20, 2018

Review: Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon vol. 1: New edition

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon vol. 1: New edition Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon vol. 1: New edition by Naoko Takeuchi
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm not even sure what it is I read. I've watched Sailor Moon before, so I sort of knew who the characters were going in. This volume brings the team together and does a nice job giving a low down on who everyone is. It is still sort of messed up and weird, but in a good way.

True to the title, the book focuses on the young woman that becomes Sailor Moon. There is clearly a lot more going on than what this single book tells us. Sure, she's important, but who knows exactly how important. The different chapters feel somewhat disconnected though because Sailor Moon is the main connection point as she is introduced to her fellow guardians. But all the characters are interesting in their own ways, even the villains in the book.

The art is all over the place. The style is consistent throughout the book, but it is super busy. It can get distracting unless you start to ignore certain things. That might be one of the reasons that manga doesn't usually click with me. This one was alright. I don't expect to pick up the next volume though.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment