Saturday, November 10, 2018

Review: The Flash, Volume 1: Lightning Strikes Twice

The Flash, Volume 1: Lightning Strikes Twice The Flash, Volume 1: Lightning Strikes Twice by Joshua Williamson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

For my first Flash comic, this one was alright. I had an easy enough time figuring out who everyone was and what they could do. Clearly they have some history, but it didn't matter enough to this story that I felt lost or needed to go look anything up.

The highlight for me was the coloring. It seemed very fitting for what I know about the character. I mostly liked the art. The only thing that bugged me is some of the running poses. Normally, this wouldn't be an issue, but for a character who is known for running it sure comes up a lot. The legs looked particularly elongated and just sort of awkward.

Anyway, onto some of the highlights. Something good happens to Barry! This book breaks some of the loneliness in his life by given quite a few people powers similar to Flash and he needs to look into what caused it. He gets a new partner and even a girlfriend. So something bad has to happen right? Well, someone is going around killing these new superpowered individuals...

There are some really nice moments in this book that take a different tack than I've come to expect from superhero comics. Nothing really inspired me to want to read more about this character. People that know more about his previous adventures might get more out of it. It was decent but there wasn't enough to make me want to pick up the next volume.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment