Sunday, April 14, 2019

Review: Invisible Republic, Vol. 1

Invisible Republic, Vol. 1 Invisible Republic, Vol. 1 by Gabriel Hardman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The thing that hooked me about this book is the worldbuilding. We are introduced to a backwater colonial moon where people have a pretty tough life. I like that the setting feels like it could be a real place. The issues that the characters are struggling with and the way the events build together is pretty well done.

The story follows a reporter as he tries to rebuild the history of a failed dictator. He happens upon a windfall in the diary of a woman that claims to be the dictator's sister. There are a bunch of different characters that are shown in this arc. I like how the writing and the art work together to create tension between them. I would definitely recommend for anyone that looks gritty sci-fi stories.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment