Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Review: Lost and Wanted

Lost and Wanted Lost and Wanted by Nell Freudenberger
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Ultimately, I did enjoy this book. It starts out kind of slow and spends a lot of time reflecting on the past of Helen, the protagonist/narrator, and her friend Charlie, who recently died. Their relationship as undergrads and later as adults shape the way the story plays out. There is a closeness between them that is evident despite the fact that we never get to see them together in the present. Instead, other characters sort of fill those roles for each other and reflect the relationship they would have had.

The science portion of the novel is actually pretty interesting, but it's importance seems to shift throughout the story. It was presented in a way that made it easy to understand, even when some of the concepts got complex. I'm not sure what I was expecting from this book exactly. It took me a while to get on board with the way it was presented though.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment