Saturday, April 20, 2019

Review: Sunstone, Vol. 1

Sunstone, Vol. 1 Sunstone, Vol. 1 by Stjepan Šejić
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sunstone is a fantastic book. I got this as part of a Humble Bundle a while back and procrastinated reading it. It wasn't anything that jumped to the top of the list of books that I wanted to read. That might be in part because of the sexual overtones. This book is definitely intended for mature readers, but I feel like it was done tastefully.

This is the story of two women. They meet online and quickly become friends. Their shared interest in certain sexual activities eventually leads to them meeting, which screws with their heads and their hearts a little bit. I like the way their relationship develops. It felt natural. I think the thing that brought them together could have been any sort of hobby, but Sejic's approach pushes them into the deep end to dig into some interesting themes. There are elements of this story that can make people pretty uncomfortable. That is part of what makes it great.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment