Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Legendary Star Lord, Vol. 1 Review

Legendary Star-Lord, Volume One: Face It, I Rule. Sam Humphries, Paco Medina, and Freddie Williams. 2015. Marvel. 112 pages.

Rating: 3/5

I found this book pretty enjoyable. It takes Peter Quill from the Guardians of the Galaxy and sends him out on his own. The Guardians show up in some small ways, and Kitty Pryde from the X-Men has a big role, so he isn't entirely on his own.

Star-Lord is the perfect scoundrel. He spends a lot of his time doing unheroic things, but when it comes down to it he tries to do the right thing. There are two major threads: one involving Thanos and one involving a criminal known as Mr. Knife. The Thanos one is fun, but I feel like I would have gotten more out of it if I knew the relationship between the characters better.

I liked the art, especially in the second half of the book. There were a few pages where there was too much going on, but not many. This book didn't add a whole lot to the character. It does a nice job of showing off what I would expect from him. I just didn't find enough reason to care about what he was doing. Maybe the second volume will improve on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment