Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Review: Artemis

Artemis Artemis by Andy Weir
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Let's take a trip to the moon! I had a lot of fun reading about Jazz's shenanigans on the lunar colony. She's a good character for the reader to follow because of her job (delivery person) and personality (she can be abrasive, but people tend to love her). I found her to be funny. The letters to her pen pal from Earth are a nice addition to the narrative. We spend the entire book in Jazz's head, so some of the other characters seem underdeveloped. Not a big deal because Jazz has lots of personality to make up for it.

The setting is very rich. It brings in scientific elements at times, but not overwhelmingly so. And though we don't get to see some of it in depth, Weir does present it in a way that makes it seem alive and someplace that we could return to in the future. His writing grabbed my attention and kept me wanting to come back to the story when I had to put it down. Definitely worth a read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment