Tuesday, October 18, 2016

The Battling Bands Review

Knights of the Lunch Table: The Battling Bands. Frank Cammuso. 2011. GRAPHIX. 128 pages.

Rating: 2/5

This isn't a bad book, but it really wasn't for me. I picked this up extremely cheaply, and I knew going in that it was meant for a younger audience. I think it works well for that demographic too.

The art leans a little more to the cartoony side, which fits the books pretty well. There isn't anything about the art that stuck with me though.

The main character finds his dad's old guitar and decides to learn how to play. This leads to him being roped into his school's battle of the bands competition by the school bully. He also has to deal with being forced to work on a lab project with a girl that he doesn't like. There is a moral at the end of the story, but the whole thing felt a little predictable

I haven't read the other books in the series and I felt like it was easy to pick this one up without missing anything. Fans of the series will probably enjoy this one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment