Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Review: Giant Days, Vol. 2

Giant Days, Vol. 2 Giant Days, Vol. 2 by John Allison
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Giant Days Vol. 2 gives readers more of what worked so well in the first volume. The characters are funny and on point. They can be a bit extreme at times, but that is part of what makes them so fun. This volume as a whole feels a little more disjointed than the first volume. Sure, there are subplots that run through the whole book. I just never felt like there was an overarching story this time around. Which is okay because the subplots do a nice job keeping things going.

This book has more of the same from volume one, but it didn't feel stagnant at all to me. The characters are able to develop within their niches. I like that this book digs into their pasts a little more. Fans of the first volume should have a lot of fun with this one. I know I am looking forward to picking up the next one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment