Thursday, September 13, 2018

Review: Moon Knight, Volume 3: God & Country

Moon Knight, Volume 3: God & Country Moon Knight, Volume 3: God & Country by Mike Benson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Where do I begin? God & Country really felt like a middle of the road book for me. I tend to enjoy Moon Knight books a lot. I wasn't super impressed with this one though. It does a nice job following up on the previous volume, in which Marc Spector is issued a superhuman registration card following the events of Civil War. There is some backlash for his actions given his status. Throw in the fact that someone is committing murders and framing Moon Knight and the tension gets raised.

In the end, this book felt disjointed though. Once it pushes past the registration thing, it loses steam. Marc isn't handling his situation very well and all the people he has relied on to keep him sane start shutting him out. His situation sort of mirrors this volumes place in the series. They are both sort of drifting. I liked the art though. It carries over the tone of this run from the first two volumes very well. Even if I didn't like this character so much, I would still give the next volume of the series a chance.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment