Thursday, September 20, 2018

Review: The Stone Heart

The Stone Heart The Stone Heart by Faith Erin Hicks
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Almost as good as the first. The top things from this book for me are the art and the expansion of the history of the nameless city. I like the art style a lot. It can be both simple and very expressive. There is definitely a tone set for the story through the art. Even when things get pretty serious, the coloring and the drawing help to keep things a little on the lighter side without being frivolous. The city gets some more history, including some information on the founders of the city. There is a big to-do about them in this volume and spark some nasty events.

The characterization wasn't quite as good this time around. It wasn't bad by any means. I felt like there was an unnecessary tension between the protagonists. After the events of the first book they should be less suspicious of each other than they are presented in this story. The dynamics between the protagonists and the other characters in the story seemed much more natural.

I recommend the book to anyone that enjoyed the first part of the story. I am looking forward to the third chapter.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment