Saturday, August 13, 2016

She-Hulk Vol. 2 Review

She-Hulk, Volume 2: Disorderly Conduct. Charles Soule and Javier Pulido. 2015. Marvel. 136 pages.

Rating: 3/5

To start with, I definitely enjoyed this book as a whole a lot more  than the first book. It continues some of the themes and storylines, while bringing in a couple new ones.

Jennifer Walters became She-Hulk after receiving a blood transfusion from her cousin, Bruce Banner. She is a lawyer who left her job at a large firm and set up her own practice. On the side she does some superhero things.

Here are some of the things that I enjoyed about this volume. First, it resolves the whole blue case file mystery that the previous book introduced. Second, it pits Jennifer Walters against Matt Murdock in the courtroom with Captain America on trial. Most of the book focuses around this portion of things and it really shows off the law skills that these characters have. Third, Angie the paralegal and her pet Hei Hei. They are probably my favorite part of the first book to be honest.

The art style still bugged me because it is mostly the same. I'm not sure what it is that just puts me off. It might be that it feels too polished at times. Or maybe the characters are drawn with weird angles. Whatever it is, I didn't much care for it. I would have liked some more cohesion between the different storylines as well. They have the connection of someone contacting Jennifer for help, but that's about it.

I am glad I gave this book a chance. I was on the fence about it because of the first book. It does take some chances and features stories that you won't find in other Marvel titles. That alone makes it worth a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment