Sunday, July 23, 2017

Vision, Volume 2 Review

Vision, Volume 2: Little Better Than a Beast. Tom King, Michael Walsh, Gabriel Walta, and Jordie Bellaire. 2016. Marvel. 136 pages.

Rating: 3/5

I liked the second volume of the Vision miniseries more than the first, so I'm glad I decided to read it. This has more elements that I would have liked to have seen earlier, such as details on the creation of the Vision family and more family dynamics. The characters felt a lot more alive because they weren't as static. There are elements that build from the first book that I enjoyed seeing carry through the story.

This series is pretty dark, which I think prevented me from enjoying it quite as much as I could have. The art is very good though. I think the creators did a better job of showing the various elements rather than telling the reader certain things. I would definitely recommend this for the character growth that occurs over the course of the series and to anyone that wants to read something that is different than the normal Marvel stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment